Beauty Talk - Review Son and Park Beauty Water

Salaam,

One of the most important thing from skincare routine beside double cleansing is toning. 'Toning' is important step for our daily skincare routine, to tone or re-balance our pH skin after doing double cleansing. Beside that, toner has a function to prepare our skin for the next skin care step such as serum and moisturizer. So,basically toner is the key if we want to maximize our skincare product. Toner itself is divided in two different of type, first is as exfoliating toner and the second is hydrating toner. Exfoliating toner basically is an alternative to do exfoliate but in gentle way (not using scrub, but some acid ingredients good to exfoliate skin gently such as AHA, BHA, citric acid, mandelic acid, or lactic acid) and of course hydrating toner has its function to hydrate the skin. In this post I would to give you my review and insight about one of my favorite product from Korea that is Son and Park Beauty Water.


What is Son and Park Beauty Water?






Son and Park Beauty Water is a product from Korea which created by two famous makeup artist Son Dae Sik and Park Tae Yun. The concept of this product is all in one product, as a cleanser, toner, and exfoliator. Many beauty gurus such as Joan Kim, Liah Yoo and etc gave a good review for this product. And after reading some reviews for this product, I decided to own this hyped toner to replace my CosRx AHA BHA Toner. This product claimed can be used for all skin types to hydrate skin, solve the problem such as uneven skin tone and skin texture.


 Is it worth the hyped? Let's find out!

Packaging and Price

This products comes into two different type of packaging, full size (340 ml) and travel size (60 ml). I chose to buy travel size hence I do travelling a lot (60 ml). The bottle is made from transparent plastic and it comes with simple design with their logo in front side with the black lid. For the price, the big size is around IDR 340K and the small size is about IDR 85K. For me, this product is quite cheap enough because you will only need some drops for once using, it goes a long way. 


Texture, Fragrance, Color


Son and Park Beauty Water is very watery, indeed since the top of its ingredients is water. This product is easily absorb into my skin. This toner has kind of herbal fragrance but very mild and soothing due to this products consists of many (most of) natural ingredients. 


Ingredients

Water, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, PEG-7 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Pentylene Glycol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Xylitol, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Water, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit/Seed Oil, Artemisia Absinthium Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Thuja Occidentalis Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf (Green Tea) Extract , Mentha Piperita(Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Mentha Rotundifolia Leaf Extract, Mentha Spicata Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Origanum Majorana Leaf Extract, Origanum Vulgare Leaf Extract, Pelargonium Graveolens Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, 1,2-Hexanediol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Sodium Chloride, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Octanediol, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Protease, Alcohol Denat., Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol. (source Son and Park Beauty Water Ingredients)



From what I've seen is, this product contains many hydrating ingredients such as water, rose water, witch hazel water which is famous and good to hydrate the skin. Beside that I found many oil that consist  in this product such as Olive Fruit Oil, Orange Oil, Rose Flower oil and etc, and oil itself is good to moisturize the skin. And we can find citric acid in the bottom list which has its function such as gentle exfoliator to even the uneven skin tone. And the others ingredients works as solvent ( Alcohol Denat), preservation (phenoxytenol), and fragrance. 



How to apply?


I use this product as my first toner (yes I do 7 skin methods, so there are another two toner products after Son and Park Beauty Water) after double cleansing. Usually I use this product for my AM and PM skincare routine. I put three drops this toner into cotton pad and wipe the cotton pad to my face thoroughly. 


Product Claimed

Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Normal
✔ Oily
✔ Combination
✔ Dry
✔ Sensitive 

What it is:
A multitasking toner and cleansing water that creates a clean base for any skin care and makeup that follows.

Solutions for:
- Dullness and uneven texture
- Dryness
- Uneven skin tone
(source ; Product Claimed )

My review for this product


I've been using this product for one year for my PM and AM skincare routine, and for your information my skin type is oily and bit sensitive. This product blows my mind, especially after I see my cotton pads still dirty even I do double cleansing before. I bet this toner exfoliate my skin very gentle yet powerful. After reading the ingredients list there are some exfoliator ingredients beside citric acid, such as Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil which has its function as chemical exfoliant so this product absolutely can cleanse my unclogged pores mildly and thoroughly, cleanse the excess dirt on my face. But beside this product works as a great mild exfoliator toner, this beauty water also hydrate my skin and moisturize as well. I can feel my skin a lot plumpier after using this product that I've never felt before using another chemical exfoliating products such as CosRx AHA BHA Toner or Neogen Peeling Pads. 











No wonder why this product gives the hydration to my skin because at the three top ingredient list in this products is the ingredients which has a powerful impact to hydrate the skin such as Water, Rose Water, Witch Hazel Water. Not only hydrating, it's moisturizing as well since this product also consists of a bunch herbal oil such as,  Cedrus Atlantica Bark Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Rose Flower Oil, Castor Oil which is great to nourish the skin to stay moisturized. 

After using this product for 6 months, I realized that my skin never been this calm before, I mean my whiteheads and blackheads never appeared brutally like before. This product give a good result on my skin, it cleanses my skin perfectly so that my skin is ready to absorb another skin products such as serum, moisturizer and sleeping mask.


 What makes me surprise is this toner does not only work as perfect job as a common hydrating toner  but also exfoliate my skin very mild yet powerful,  my skin feels clean and hydrating at once.

For brightening effect, I can't mention this product is good to level up your skin tone. This product is good to solve your uneven skin tone, bu. Why? I used to apply Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum for 6 months along with Son and Park Beauty Water. I did not notice my skin tone is improved a lot, it only worked with my discoloration causes by acnes, But it 's difference when I apply Natural Pacific Fresh Herb Original Serum with this toner, my skin tone became fairer, I noticed this improvement when my old shade foundation was darker than my current skin tone. 



Conclusion 

Cause this product is not only a common toner that I've ever been tried before, i have to say this product is the key why my skin is improved a lot. Back then my skin was quite sensitive due to I did over exfoliating my skin, long story short my skin barrier was very bad and caused many problems like I got some whiteheads and blackheads, and it's getting worse when I was on my period.  This toner work as chemical exfoliator while gives me good hydration and moisturizing effect on my skin, different with another exfoliating toner which sometimes drained my skin moisture. After using this product, my skin is very ready for the next skin care product and surprisingly the next products absorbs really well yet quickly. I would say Son and Park is one of my holy grail skincare, since my another skin care products do their job optimally, thanks to this great toner. And the most important thing is, my skin does not break out or giving me bad effect for more than 8 months after using this product, so happy! Pssst, I use this toner as my first cleanser in the morning, and all my make up product stay last longer compared if I did not prepare my skin without this product. 


Pros

Mild exfoliator
Give hydration and improve skin moisture
Soothing Fragrance
Absorbs really well and quickly

Cons

None, yes none!



In my humble opinion, this toner is not like all in one solution for all skin problems, yet this toner is more like an opener for my skin to be ready receive another good benefit from the next skin care products. My skin  need more hydration and moisture from another beauty products that can last longer. If you want to find a good and gentle exfoliating yet hydrating toner, I recommend you to get this product. And the good news is they have the small size like I said before. It's obviously I love this product so much, I was not expecting a lot before from this product, but this product is quite great as a multitasking toner. Interested to try this product? Comment down below if you already tried this product, or recommend me another good toner.

1 komentar:

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.